It's important to have your boiler serviced annually to keep it in tip top condition and operating to peak performance, as well as to make sure it's operating safely. Regular maintenance can also help prevent a complete system breakdown and prolong the appliances lifespan. In addition, most manufacturers insist their boilers are serviced annually in order to validate the warranties.
During a service and safety check, we will:
- Ensure your appliance is burning gas correctly (and adjust if necessary) and not producing excessive carbon monoxide
- Check the boiler is operating at the correct gas pressure
- Check the appliances functional parts, ie. controls, gas burner, injectors, ignition system, seals, fan, pump, diverter valve, etc.
- Ensure harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
- Test your gas meter and pipework for gas tightness
- Check that any ventilation routes are clear and effective
- Test all safety devices
- Visually inspect the boiler to check for corrosion and leaks